30.4.12

Weekend Workouts!

Thursday before my flight I had some time to play at the gym.   I spent some time on the elliptical, feeling better and better from the crap in my lungs.  I got on the rowing machine for some quality time too.



Friday I did my "long run" of the week.   Read all about it

Saturday I only had a few miles left for the week so I did 3.5 miles with an abbreviated hill run.  I love the last mile is all down hill. 




Sunday I hit the wall metaphorically.  I just had no energy to exercise.  Ultimately I took a walk with Mom. 




After the walk I did a short, but quite challenging workout.  Two minutes of each of the following exercises:

  • Hip Bridges alternating between single and double leg.  Single legs always make my ham strings cramp.
  • Walk Out Planks. Those I've actually made peace with.
  • Squats with arms raised over head (most of the time)
  • Lunges - two minutes on each leg. Oy.
  • Side Lying Leg Series: all the exercises here plus leg circles forwards and backwards. The leg circles were the hardest. Each exercise is clearly not meant to be done for two minutes at a time.
  • One leg dead lift - a great way to wrap up.

No comments:

Post a Comment