10.4.12

Running: All about hills this week

I meant to wake up at 5:30am and go for a run, or at least hit the gym.  Somehow, sleeping to 9am seemed like a better idea.  (It was 30* and windy.)  To mitigate my morning sloth, I ran one of my St Paul Hill Routes after work.


This is a fun route, and one of the first routes I tried when I genuinely added hills to my training routine.  There's a very long hill, quite steep at the bottom, and a second shorter hill.  And then, I got to do down which is my favorite part.

Here's how the run worked out for me - I hit a loooong light at Fairview Ave and Ford Parkway and a second light somewhere on Snelling Ave.  I also hit a light right in the beginning at the bottom of the hill.  Otherwise, I kept a decent pace running up the hills and a great pace running down them.
 
Before the run I updated my playlist.  Here's some tunes that are new or "new to me" that I've been enjoying:
On a related note - has anyone tried the "exercise" channels on Pandora?  If so, what's your experience been?

No comments:

Post a Comment