5.3.12

Monday: Shaking my head all day long

It's been a wild day.  Parts of it were really nice.  Mostly I just shook my head.  All day long.

7am the alarm went off and I found the snooze button.  Oy.  Monday.
8am or so I rolled in to work.  I was thrilled that temperature in my office was one step above "sub arctic".
802am I began listening to my messages.  The first one was quite long and convoluted.  From a person who doesn't leave long messages.  I called a second person in reference to this message (you thought it would be a good idea to do what now?) and the head shaking began.  (Really?  That seemed like the best solution?)
930ish My boss comes in - those students who were coming in 10 minutes, now only two-thirds of them are coming, it should still be 20-30 people.
10 minutes later and no one shows up.  ::Sitting.  Waiting:: No one ever came.
Noon or so I had my lentil soup.  I thought the recipe called for too many onions (which I'd already halved) but it turned out fine.
1pm This is why I like my job.  That was really pleasant.
230pm came back to the office and got to work with my former clinical supervisor which is both awesome and rare.
330pm And this person thinks they have the power to close that case why?  One of my moments as lead case manager.  I like working with the people on my team and it was nice to get that straightened out.
430pm drop the news on my boss that I need her to look at something before a meeting 3pm tomorrow.  Sorry for the short notice; that meeting was news to me too.
530pm head out the door.
600pm or so I made it to the gym.  Got an awesome parking spot too.  I talked to Grandma a few minutes and then hit class.
615pm Circuit: Anna tries to kill the class.  Almost worked too.
730pm Pilates: Not quite as deadly, mush twisting of the spine.
900pm finally make dinner.  How was I not starving before now?  Perusing the internets I found two things of interest.  Crazy and confusing traffic signs: I drive by the first one pictured on my way to work.  And second, from this post, I think I'm one of very few people who understand why this paragraph is so funny:
Bob Dylan, of all people, once guested on DHARMA & GREG. He’s good friends with one of their writers, Eddy Gorodetsky. Of course Dylan has also been on the Chabad Telethon.

No comments:

Post a Comment