27.2.12

Weekend workouts: feeling the burn

Friday was my day of rest after six or seven straight days of working out.  Absolutely nothing interesting happened during the day.  In the evening I watched Fringe and it was great.  That is all.

Saturday I felt fairly guilty about my sloth from the previous day.  I eventually got my butt off the couch and headed over to the gym.  I totally missed Pilates (needed to let breakfast settle), but the gym had somewhat cleared out in the afternoon and I got right on an elliptical.  I did about six "miles" on the elliptical and then hopped on a rowing machine for 30 minutes to work my muscles back into their proper places.  I had a couple cool-down walking laps on the track and got to watch several basketball games (see below) and baseball try-outs (other half of the lower level)


Even though the my gym was cleared out, the lot was packed with people watching games and try-outs in the sports center.

In the evening I made a shopping list for Christmas dinner and set a record at the Co-op in the process. I had steak for dinner which was awesome.  I totally earned it.


Sunday I woke up just after 6am thinking about a long run.  It kept sounding like airplanes were flying overhead.  Totally possible where I live.  Today though, it turned out to be 25mph winds.  I hadn't been too sure I was going to get in a long run today anyways.   I turned off my alarm and the light and went back to sleep.

When I woke up the second time, I used the morning to get Grater's for Christmas Dinner with my Pooky Bear at the Qat Lady.  I also used it to watch several episodes of Lie to Me.

In the afternoon, I headed back to the gym and did another pyramid run (see here for a description)Then I hopped on the elliptical for another hour.  Getting on that elliptical hurt.  In retrospect, I should've taken another cool down lap or two on the track.   I ended my workout by spending some quality time with a foam roller.  My quads, hamstrings and butt are much happier with me now. 





As previously mentioned, I came home and prepared Christmas dinner.  We had spring rolls with several dipping sauces.  Qat Lady's favorite was the Hoisin sauce (I made her take it with her).  The dipping sauce here was good.  I liked it a lot until I tried the Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce here and then nothing else could compare.

Right now, apparently there's some big awards show on for movies or something?  The only awards I was paying attention to were handed out in New Mexico to some really fast runners.  Congratulations.  See in March at World's. 



No comments:

Post a Comment