17.2.12

Prodcutivity and then... I hit the wall. Musical edition.

650am or some, the alarm went off. What to wear? 
730am I did a hill run with running Beth.  The guy at the front desk of the JCC looked at my running outfit (grey sweatpants and a grey jacket with reflective patches) and said "you look like pavement".  Nice.  We did Beth's torture route which involves one of the steepest hills in St Paul as the starting point.
Here's the profile (above) and the route mapped out (below).  You can see the climb in the beginning and the descent at the end is quite prolific. 
Theme song for the activity: Lizz Wright - Hit the Ground because apparently I look like pavement.  Also because Beth was afraid of falling down on the pavement while descending that steep hill.


900am I had coffee with my old boss.  The one whose kid would always have a banana for me at my races.  (See why I liked working for her?)  She wrote my personals ad because she wants me to start dating (oh joy).  This is only slightly more appropriate now that she's no longer employing me. 
Theme song for the activity: Rosemary Clooney - Come On A My House because my iPod played it for me while I was in the car on my way.


1100am I met with Kelli at Bolder Options to learn more about the Dublin Marathon trip.  It involved talking to another Kelly (spelled differently) and hearing all about the itinerary.
Theme song for the activity was supposed to be "Giving" by Collective Soul but I couldn't find a link.  Instead, enjoy some Sara McLachlan - Good Enough.


200pm I went to a work meeting.  This is my one Friday a month to work.  When I went to the meeting, I'd planned on taking a walk afterwards.  When I got out of the meeting the sunshine was no longer available.  Sad.
Theme song: Work has no theme song.


400pm or whenever I got home - I went on a cleaning marathon.  I cleaned my room, did laundry, vacuumed, cleaned the kitchen, fixed the radiator face in my bedroom, took out the recycling, cleaned out the vacuum, hung up/folded the laundry, loaded the dishwasher and generally rocked it.
Theme song for the activity: Patty Griffin - Heavenly Day because my iPod played it and it was a really nice day.


600pm or so I absolutely hit the wall.  I was so done.


640pm I actually finished all the cleaning.  After six I lost my energy and really slowed down so folding the laundry and making the bed took longer than normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment