27.1.12

Friday FUN RUN

Fridays since I don't work (WIN for me!) I usually meet Beth for a "late" run at 7:15. 

Today both of us had a serious case of the blargs.  That "I don't want to get up", "I don't feel like running", "Why can't I just stay in bed?" feeling.  Thank goodness for mutual accountability because we both showed up and it turned out to be a gorgeous run.  We couldn't figure out which route to take and ultimately Beth showed me a run I'd never done before but hope we do again all the time.
Part of the run is in a city park along the river.  The path was covered in packed snow and the sun was shining off the river.  Gorgeous!  It was the only time all day that the sun was shining.  Theme song for the run: Many the Miles - Sara Bareilles because it was playing on Pandora as I drove home.

I had a quite productive day today, including the run.  I got my oil changed, got my hair cut (favorite thing ever), had a steak sandwich for lunch (still full at 9pm) and made chili which will last me for many lunches.  Chili is basically this recipe minus the boca crumbles.  And I put most of the beans and all of the tomatoes in a food processor before cooking so it's a much smoother chili than the one pictured.  Yum.



No comments:

Post a Comment