1.1.12

2011 - year in review

January was a rough month.  My salary and hours were cut at work and it was coldVery cold, made running quite a challenge.

February Things got mildly better with both the work situation and the snow situation.  Although the snow situation was just a mirage because there was more to come on that front. I also had a nice trip home and got visits with both Alicia and Grandma. 
 

March The snow just did not quit.  By March it was getting a little old.  Then I got really sick.  Sinus infections happen all the time but having crap in my lungs was new.  I remember a day at work when I made one of the nurses listen to my lungs for pneumonia.  It took a long time to get my lungs back for running after that.

April was a month for vacations.  The weather in Minneapolis was still protesting with the occasional snow so it seemed best to be elsewhere.   There was the time I went to Kansas for a relay race that's almost as wild as Ragnar.  Then I went to New York part 1 and part 2 and the month ended with me in Cincinnati preparing for a Flying Pig Half Marathon.  That trip also lead to one of my most read blog posts everYes, I totally check.
 

May finished out my trip to Cincinnati and a nice Flying Pig (maybe in 2012 I'll run the full marathon?!?).  The month was a little about running but mostly about catching up on work and not traveling.  Although it will mean very little, because I didn't provide too many details, this still stands out as one of my favorite moments in my entire friendship with Amanda.

June was the month the long runs really began for race training.  May went from snow to heat.  June just cranked it up several notches, although I do have a memory of needing actual shoes (not flip flops or sandals) on my birthday.
 

July we suffered through the Minnesota State Government shutdown.  I personally passed my clinical licensure test and then had to wait several extra weeks for the actual license because the state was shut down. And I got to go to Kentucky for a big party.  Win for me!  July was also the month I grew a set and tried PilatesI can't believe it's been that long.  I'm glad I did, I've tried several more classes since then and liked them all.
 

August I did not blog a ton.  Probably because I was out doing long runs.  Or really long runs like this one!.  So much fun!  As a bonus - here's our team's video:

Or go here to watch.

September Marathon training had peaked and I just had a few runs left before the big day.  I remember that run.  Sometimes it's such a relief to only do a 12-miler.  Oy.  I also ran and majorly PR'd the Bolder Dash 10K.  Those PRs are going to get harder and harder from now on I think.

October I always think of in terms of the marathon sucked by the way, but lots of other stuff happened too.  There was Apple Picking in unseasonably warm weather.  (Still unseasonably warm right now...)  Then there was a trip to Cincinnati part 1, part 2 and part 3.  With the hilarious follow up: I'm back in town and my car won't turn on.
 

November started with a reunion from my college days.  The month ended with me apparently agreeing to a fundraising project and a trip to Dublin?  Did I mention there's a marathon and a goal of losing weight again?  Also, Thanksgiving was great!
 

December has been a rough month.  Quite a few people (friends, colleagues, family) are sick or have a loved one who is sick.  Why is there so much cancer right now?  We had some snow, it warmed up.  The lakes froze, then unfroze.  So it's been up and down.  I had a great Christmas with the family and am thankful for that.  We'll see what wonderful things 2012 brings.

Previous years in review: 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010


No comments:

Post a Comment