6.12.11

Running in the snow - brrr!

These past two days have had a lot of working out.  (Really I'm hungry and I'm trying to balance that out.)

Monday:
  • Circuit class - involved basically a two mile warm up run with some stairs thrown in.  Then we went to planks.  It's always at that point that I'm seriously afraid I'm going to pass out (or die) right in front of everyone.  (Why is my heart beating so fast!?!)  And then we went back to the workout room and did the circuit workout.
  • Pilates - we got to "arm circles" which are part of the *warm up* and the teacher is all "raise your arms over your head" and I was all "are they up there?  I can't feel them".

Today:
  • Run 1 - I went to the gym at the crack of dawn and ran a pyramid "speed" workout.  (I was still tired from last night.)  Honestly, I needed to get bread for breakfast and knew that I wouldn't leave the house just for bread, but if I grabbed some on the way home from the gym, that was likelier to actually happen.  (See?  I said it was all about eating.)
  • Run 2 - I headed outside with Team:Work, only one person showed up (yeah for her but boo to everyone else).  The person who came is a hard worker and the one who reliably will try just about anything I suggest (want to run up this huge hill?) so it was fun.  We did part of the Dreidel Dash route and part of the river road because we both love a plowed sidewalk as much as the next runner.  From tonight I learned that in the winter, runners need to wear your reflective gear.  No excuses.

 
 
Favorite music from these workouts:




No comments:

Post a Comment