30.12.11

Cincinnati Christmas Day 6 - CHRISTMAS

Oh, I love Christmas!

830ish We woke up and did family presents.  I didn't have many to open, but I got some nice stuff and some hilarious gift certificates.  It was fun to watch Mom and Dad open their presents.  I had fun picking them out and glad they enjoyed them.
 
930 The cooking begins. Today was waaaay less stressful than yesterday. Our menu was one course, and the only appetizer was the Blue Cheese Port spread from last night.  We had chicken salad, cucumber salad meh, roasted potatoes hell yes you are!, and melon and proscuitto.  I ate 90% of the melon and prosciutto.  We had a fruit plate for 'dessert'.

1100 The company arrived and we ate, opened presents and generally hung out.  Jimmy, my cousin, is a total racist.  Perhaps this is why I only see you once a year?   Jimmy's girlfriend, Jennifer, is very nice and I think I'd like her if I spent more time with her.  My Uncle Jerry is nice and he sees Mom and Dad a lot now, which is something that has ebbed and flowed over my lifetime.

2ish Nap Time  I thought about going for a run but after two days of cooking, I looked at the couch and was asleep before my body was horizontal.
 

4ish or 5ish We headed down to Kentucky for the awesome tradition of Christmas Spaghetti.  Mark Chef Mark made raviollis and homemade pasta for Uncle Tom's sauce.  Yum!  I also wound up with a plane ticket and vacation date to Florida WIN for me!.  I played with all the kids and had basically a wonderful night.  Highlights include feeding Maximo a popsicle, playing with Luke with the present I got him, and the end of the night when Ben finally let me hold him!

 
Picture is unrelated - yes, that is a Q-tip in the wine opener.  The wine opener requires the Q-tip to function. 

I had help form the kids to take pictures.  Adults will do anything for a 4 year old with a camera.  Luke also practiced taking pictures of his feet, something I've totally been known to do as well.  Click HERE for more information.


 
At the end of the day  I finally got to talk to Amanda and hear about her Christmas thirteen people! which went really well too.

No comments:

Post a Comment