30.12.11

Cincinnati Christmas Day 3 - Theater Thursday

MorningWow.  I slept like a rock.  That's what I get after staying up all night to wrap presents.

9:30am Jazzercise with Mom.  Because she loves it.  Be nice!  It was fine really.  I actually liked this routine more than some of the other ones I've had to do.  Although I swear this girl made me do five minutes of hip bridges at the end.  My ass is on fire.

Kroger for a cup of coffee, cup of yogurt, and bananas for Mom.

Shopping trip - day 3  This time we headed not to Kenwood thank the lord but to Forest Fair Mall, Cincinnati Mills *hmm* "Cincinnati Mall' for Bass Pro Shops, Kohls, and a brief stop at Claire's where I buy all my earrings.
 These owls totally reminded me of the Qat Lady.

Lunch with Mom I had the calamari appetizer at Red Lobster.  I didn't eat it all.  Mom assumed that meant I didn't like it.  I assumed it was fried and I should pace myself. 

Slow beginning to the cooking madness  After the shopping trip, Mom came home and took a nap.  I came home and started making lists.
I am planning Christmas Eve Dinner for Aunt Barb who will bring her own food, Uncle Tom, Mark who is a chef and therefore intimidating to serve food, Irmghard, and Maximo who gets plain roasted sweet potato.  Maybe Aunt Barb will like one too.  I'm planning Christmas Brunch for Uncle Jerry, Jim and his girlfriend and my family.  Brunch is easier because it's only one course.  No appetizer.  Maybe strawberries and chocolate pieces for a nosh after, but maybe not even that.

Play time We headed over to my parent's friends condo which has a sweet view of the river.  We played around up there for a few minutes and then headed out for dinner.
Our theater selection of the night was Snow White by The Ensemble Theater.  As with last year's Cinderella, everyone came out of this play a winner.  No one was left out, even the bad "Aunt Queen" and Mirror Mirror.

After the play we headed back to the Condo-with-a-view for a night cap.  The view really is spectacular.
 Now imagine this picture if it were taken by a camera better than my cell phone!

More list insanity  After the wine had calmed me down a little, I came back and took another crack at the shopping list.  The problem was like five dishes needed cucumbers and several needed walnuts.  How many do I need altogether.  So, like the Qat Lady, I made a list organized by section of the grocery store.
Tomorrow morning before Dad and I head out, we'll cross off all the stuff we already have at home.  How much salt and Cinnamon does a girl really need?

No comments:

Post a Comment