29.10.11

Saturday - where blog posts go to die

I was just reading something by another blogger that Saturday is where blog posts go to die (meaning no one will read what I write today, so I could do whatever I want).

I'll start by telling you how much I have not been running.  I'm experiencing the post marathon crash.  It's actually okay now that I have started taking Pilates and am back at the gym on the elliptical.

Friday I got my hair cut.  It's one of the most relaxing activities ever.  My girl does a good scalp massage as part of the process.  The stylist with the chair next to my stylist belongs on reality television. 

Friday I also learned that I-94 is it's own special kind of hell.  Luckily I got on at the edge of the construction zone and went away from it.  The westbound traffic though.  Wow.  It was stopped

Saturday was more remarkable.

I got up early.  Remarkable all on it's own I think.

I went over to St Paul to the River Parkway and Hidden Falls Drive to be a course marshal for the half marathon and cheer on some of my favorite runners!  (Nice job to Suraya, Kate, Jen, Yvonne, Beth G, Beth H, Robin and Heather!)  I only almost got run over by a car twice.  (Does "road closed" mean nothing to you?)  Luckily, on the other side of the street the 'course marshal' was one of St Paul's finest and he dealt with angry motorist who were trapped in Hidden Falls Park.

I went to Pilates, where I hadn't been in about two weeks.  (Last Saturday I was in Cincinnati and last Monday it was cancelled.)  I then looked at the elliptical with loathing and decided to abort that mission.  I did about 40 minutes on a bike instead.  (This is supposed to be good cross training for runners...)

My Pooky Bear and I went to Ikea for what has to be the fastest shopping trip either one of us ever had there.  She got organizers for the office.  I got a closet organizer.

To end the evening, I did laundry and hung out with Neighbor Steve.  His apartment is empty (this is very sad) because he is moving to Iowa.  He was bored in empty apartment and came over to hang out with me while we both did our laundry.  We reminisced about how we met.  (Come see my bathroom.)  Then the day took it's toll on Neighbor Steve and he went to bed at 9pm.  (It's ok; his whole apartment got packed up today.  And who hasn't fallen asleep at 9pm on a Saturday?)

I ended my evening by adding closet organizer number two and going to town on my closet.  I had to pack the summer clothes and unpack the winter clothes.  (Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.  I do love wool socks and wool sweaters.)  I discovered I have an emotional attachment to way too many t-shirts that I don't wear.  That's not even counting technical race shirts.

I treated myself to some Stella, so I'm going to open another and enjoy the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment