8.9.11

Running: Only thing keeping me sane right now

Last night I drug Team:Work on a new route that was longer than they expected and more challenging than any of us were expecting.  (Whatever, we need to get ready for that 10K right?)  I had a nice time.

The route: a nice little out and back on Shepard, but it's mostly uphill on the way back, including a steep part when we turn onto Otto. At least one person liked being on the river that long, and I liked the only lights being at Otto and Randolph. I wish St Paul would have mowed the weeds growing up through the cracks on the walking path. They were pretty big.

This tracks my pace for the run. We are still taking some walk breaks, and I run back and forth between the runners and the walkers. See that spike in the yellow line in the middle? That's me hauling butt up some stupid hill from the walkers to runners. I have no idea why I thought that would be good to do.




This morning, I started the day off right running with Beth and a girl I hadn't met before.  I think I had rocket fuel for dinner last night.  Because I felt like I was running really fast this morning.  (That could just be blind optimism.)  I realized once that last 20 miler is in, something weird happens to my fitness level.  Because I'm never the one feeling fast on a  run.

The rest of the day was exhausting.  I'm glad I had a run to start it out because it put me in the right frame of mind for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment