15.9.11

Fast LONG run and then... nothing

The awesome part of marathon training is upon me.
Tuesday I had a long run that was loads of fun.  I was pissed about something that happened at work so I ran really fast to get the aggravation out.  It was a little confidence booster before the marathon to know my pace for that many miles and have it be a strong one.

I took my favorite Ft Snelling route.  It's a little over 11 miles and my phone freaked out right before mile 10 so it got most of what happened.


As always, mile 1 is a wonky time because I'm turning my music on, putting my phone away, doing my hair, and so on.  Mile 2 is proof that it takes me a while to warm up.  Mile 6 - guess where the big hill is.  Mile 10 - guess where the stoplight is.

Here's another way to look at my pace.  Hilarious how it drops as I was trying to get up that hill.  That last blip at the end is the stoplight where I had to wait.

Tuesday was also a Team:Work night. All the runners bailed (and now owe me beer) but both walkers came so we did a nice 3 miles of walking and skipping (which is a power and propulsion exercise).

Wednesday morning I got up and ran with Beth. It was cold. I was slow. We had this hilarious conversation:
So you did a long run yesterday, then 3 miles at night and now you're here!?!
Um. I have to get my miles in so I can rest before Saturday?

So today I obviously did nothing and will do nothing again tomorrow. Saturday is the Bolder Dash. Me and one other person are running the 10K then we'll cheer for the kids in the 5K.

I spent part of today reviewing the participant guide for the marathon.  I hate reading about drop out times and medical tents.  It makes me nervous.  Also, there's a Corral 3 this year for the truly slow (that's me) people.  Keeping us at the back didn't work?  Whatever.

Tonight - rest.

Tomorrow - carbs before race day!

No comments:

Post a Comment