27.8.11

Saturday "Long Run"

This was a step back week so my "long run" was supposed to be around 8 miles.  A run around Lake Harriet and back is 7.5 miles which I decided was good enough.  (Actually I meant to do a 10-miler around Ft Snelling yesterday but I was too lazy to get up.  Then today I didn't wake up 'till 8:30 so I didn't really want to do a 10-miler.)

 

You know those runs that feel slow.  They're not actually that bad but they feel awful?  That was my day.  I think it had a lot to do with not eating dinner last night, having half a protein bar before running and not taking water.

Lake Harriet was packed as expected.  I decided not to let it get me down.  Apparently there's a Yoga Class at the Band Shell on Saturday mornings?  Also there was some race called the "diaper dash" going on.  (On the running path, but opposite the direction I was running.)

The run off the lake back home was really fun (and somehow awful at the same time?).  I did okay on the hills and had a blast running the down hill section between Bryant and Nicolette (always my favorite part of the course).  Although I was also really thirsty so that made seem things longer.

I had fun listening to my "Ragnar Relay" playlist.  Some of the highlights include:
99 Problems - Jay Z (definitely not for your children's enjoyment) but a good running song.
Airplanes - B.o.B featuring Haley Williams.  Came on at the end of my run today, "I could use a wish right now" too.  And my wish was for water.
I Know You Want Me - Pitbull.  This is one of those "only while running" songs. 
My First Kiss - 3oh!3 featuring Ke$ha.  Last year's Ragnar soundtrack featured a lot of Ke$ha, particularly Tik Tok so it's only fitting she show up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment