13.8.11

Recovery Saturday - is it time for more sleep yet?

After the run yesterday, I'm still exhausted.  (And still hungry.)  When I got up this morning I had a totally crappy (meaning awesome but unhealthy) breakfast.  Then, as per usual, I slept on my couch for a couple hours.  (Yes, I do this every Saturday.  Sunday too if I can manage it.)

It was such a beautiful day though, by the afternoon I just had to get outside.  I couldn't bear another day at Lake Nokomis or Hiawatha, as I've seen them too frequently on long runs.  For some reason, Lake of the Isles sounded nice.  (I was surprised as anyone.)

For dinner I made my Mexican-Asian meal of spring rolls with the following ingredients:
  • Spring roll wrapper - I'm awesome at wrapping them
  • Rice noodles
  • Spring onions
  • Lime juice and salt
  • Avocado - you thought the lime juice and salt was the Mexican part, didn't you?
  • Chicken, one strip per spring roll
As an after dinner celebration, I cleaned my house. And read what must have been two weeks worth of mail I'd been ignoring. Sorry, condo association, I'll get my parking registration to you shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment