5.8.11

Maybe, soon, the heat will break

I have forgotten how to run outside.  Almost entirely.  Because of the weather. 
An impressive sky after some fairly impressive weather.
 
Which leads me down to roads of thought:

First, exercise news:

I ran with team:work on Wednesday.  It was nice for me.  It was the first time I'd run outside in over a week.  I almost gave one of my teammates heatstroke though.  We walked a lot at the beginning and the end.  

After team:work I hit the treadmill at the gym on which I almost had a panic attack.  I did another 4 miles, first increasing the speed every "lap" (quarter mile), then for the final 5 laps, I did one lap walking and one lap running at speeds that are fast for me.  (6mph and above.  It's fast for me I said.)

The treadmill pays off - today part of my workout was my version of "sprint intervals" which means running faster than normal for four laps and then walking for two (total of 1 mile) and I did that five times (total distance of five miles).  And none of my running laps were slower than a 10:00 mile pace.  I think.  If I did the math correctly. That can't be right.

After the treadmill, I got on the elliptical for two hours.  Total workout 'distance' was 15 miles.

It looks like the heat will break Sunday sometime.  Next week I need to run outside.  Frequently.



In other news:
I may already be a millionaire.
 

In the real news, Muslims are the most loyal religious group in America (loyal meaning to the USA).  Totally worth mentioning.

An accurate representation of life in Minnesota.

Starting with your first insurance plan year after 8/2012, Insurers must cover birth control with no copays.  Hell yeah!

Qat Lady started using the same app as me for calorie counting.  But she wont 'friend' me on the app.  Just saying here...


Sara Dara - I miss you! If you miss Sara too, you can see more of her here and here.
Sara understands why this makes me miss her.
 
And finally - this is what my youngest cousin got on his first postcard from me. (I wonder if it was his first postcard. I'm going with yes since he's only six months old.)
This is Minne, the Minneapolis Lake Monster.  She's living in Lake Hiawatha this summer.  You can see more about her here.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment