25.8.11

Lots of short runs this week

After surviving last weekend I promptly got a migraine and then had some other issues so there was no running Sunday or Monday.  Tuesday I grudgingly got on the elliptical for an hour.

Wednesday I started feeling more human.  (Thanks for the run Bethy!)  I got up at the crack of dawn and headed over to St Paul to run with one of the girls.  I refer to it as my speed workout.  I also knew that if I made a running date I'd go no matter what and if I was dateless I'd probably stay home and feel sorry for myself.

Wednesday night I ran with Team:Work and we took a new route.  I do not like this route.  Randolph is actually a good street for running until we cross West 7th.  Between West 7th and Shephard there's the double whammy of no sidewalks and live train tracks so I probably won't take people this way too many more times.


I've unilaterally decided that everyone who's still with Team:Work can run a 10K by the middle of September so that's what we're training for now. Maybe next time we'll just do an out and back on Shephard instead.

This is a step back week (yes, after a week of tapering for Ragnar) so I'm not doing too many miles. This morning I ran another 4-miler at a "fast for me" pace, which was especially fast without Beth around to help me move.


I've been fairly happy with Endomondo and running with my phone. (I have the free app but am considering an upgrade.) The main downside is my phone battery won't last long enough to use GPS and play music for long runs. (Yes, I am that slow.)
Every once in a while though, there's a weird quirk. Like today when one piece of information says my top speed was an 11:06 mile and another piece of information says I ran miles 2,3, and 4 all at under an 11:00 pace. (See the images above and below?)  No way was 11:06 my top speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment