2.8.11

Celebrating with a night at the theater

I passed my clinical licensure exam on the day the state shut down. 
When the state resumed business, the Board of Social Work sent me a letter saying I could be a clinical social worker once I paid the additional licensing fee (only about $30).  "Your license begins the day the board receives your check."
Dude, they got my check.

It seemed like good timing because My Pooky Bear and Qat Lady and I had plans to go out to eat and see a play.  Nice night to celebrate right?

We went to the Dancing Ganesha for dinner.  I had a massala dosa which I haven't had, literally, since moving to Minnesota.  This one wasn't quite as good as the ones we'd get from this restaurant in Cincinnati that was roughly a shack with an oven and hot plate, but they were still quite nice.

Then we headed over to The Guthrie to see HMS Pinafore.  Loved it!  As Pooky Bear said, "you had me at dancing sailors".  I honestly didn't know the story before hand, so it was a nice surprise to watch.  Here's the only two things I did know about the play:
First - that one song they sing in the Star Trek movie, preceded by some of the best dialogue of the entire movie (do you know Gilbert and Sullivan?  No, I haven't met all the new crew yet...)


Second - He Is an Englishman is from Pinnafore, not Penzance or any of the other ones about duty.  Thanks, West Wing.  I was waiting like the whole play to understand that reference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment