20.6.11

Sad that there will be rain tomorrow...

I was grumpy and just generally moody when I woke up this morning.  I have no idea how I convinced my body to get out of bed and run.  It was really the kind of morning I should've slept until 11am.

I went for a 4-miler this morning and I was all, "oh, it's only four miles, I should go faster than normal" and then I was all, "oh, this new GPS run tracker can tell me how fast I'm going so I should really try".  Here's how the run broke down:
The yellow line is my pace, the gray relief behind it is the elevation change during the run.

A breakdown of my pace, mile per mile.

Important lesson: I badly need to warm up to achieve my top pace. (Also, I feel as though I was faster last year...) That second mile, the 11:10 pace, I felt like I was running my brains out. I felt like I was going to collapse. That last mile, which was a second faster, I had to stop so I could cross the street. And by then I was all, "oh, just go to the end of the block, that should be about four miles".  This is a good lesson for when I run 5ks.  (This is also possibly the reason I don't run 5ks.) 

(Yes, as it turns out, last year I ran the Grand Old Day 8k at a 10:58 pace and the Snow Run With Jenna Diva Dash at a 10:33 pace. Guess I need to work a little harder this year.)

No comments:

Post a Comment