18.6.11

One way to get 16 miles in

Yesterday, I made some, um, poor dietary choices.  I made said choices only after looking at the weather (rain, storms, and humidity) and deciding an outdoor long run was out.  I think I'm off popcorn for a while as well.

Today, I hung out in the morning, ate breakfast, and took a nap.  I woke up, thought better of it and took another nap.

In continuing the "my iPods are crumbling; let's see what the Android can do" theme, I looked into mobile radio apps.  I have used Pandora for a while.  It has its nice features but it's very far from perfect.  So I decided to take Slacker Radio out for a try; it's had very good reviews.  I have no clue how it works on my phone.  For sure it doesn't work in Firefox.  At least the way my browser is set up.  (Works fine in Chrome.)

I had a fun thirty minutes looking for my wallet.  And by "fun" I mean "this sucks".

Finally, I was able to leave for the gym.  I picked out my ellipticals and let the fun begin.  Three hours later my quads were screaming.  I did a fantastic job of pacing myself through the workout.  (How does one pace themselves on an elliptical?)  I opted for heart rate and the "calories per minute" measure.  The ellipticals go forwards and backwards, and the segments where I'm pedaling backwards are what makes my quads hate me.  (Probably what makes me good at going down hills fast too...)

After the workout, I went to pick out a steak at  my co-op.  Steaks are cheaper at the co-op by my office.  And that co-op cuts the bones off the rib-eye instead of making me pay for part of the cut I can't actually eat.  Just saying.  I cleaned my kitchen (partially) while cooking the steak.  Now I'm trying to convince myself to do laundry so I can have clean sheets for sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment