30.6.11

It's not normally my knees that hurt....

After an extended absence (because I felt like garbage for a week...)  I headed out for a run this morning.  At 6:30am it was already well over 70* (and high humidity as well) so I wasn't looking to break any land speed records.  It was basically a good run.  I saw a couple blue herons (or one bird more than once) at Lake Nokomis.



Around mile 6 I started getting, um, sick.  Which was sort of expected given the heat.  It did make running home quite interesting.  I think I've learned now the cause of the problem (heat; dehydration) and in the summer there's not much of a cure.  Now I just need to work on symptom management.

Work was a sad day.  It was the last day for our assistant director.  (You may remember her from mile 19 of the marathon where she waited with her kid and a banana for me or from the Dreidel Dash when she also had a kid and banana for me.)

Now I'm at home, giving my air conditioner a brief respite before I crank it up again.  (I think it's an "air mattress in the living room" kind of night.)  Let me leave you with some new (and old) songs to enjoy:

No comments:

Post a Comment