1.6.11

Happy National Running Day

It's National Running Day so go out and move!.  Here's some music if you require motivation (this is a Chris inspired play list):





Here's how my day went:

2:30am (seriously) - I woke up with a migraine.  I think it was related to the caffeine headache I got yesterday from spilling coffee on myself and then consuming less caffeine than normal.  I took strong medicine and bailed on the morning run with the St Paul girls.  (Really, at 5:30am I was still stoned from the half dose of meds I took.)

7:30ish - I woke up, still with a migraine but I knew that if I just started the day it would go away.  And so it did.

8ish - I went by the co-op, got yogurt and strawberries (strawberries!) and headed in to the office.  Where I obviously had a fantastic breakfast.  Work was fine.  As was pointed out to me, I didn't have to send anyone to the hospital today.  (It's not every day I can say that.)

5:00pm - since I missed my first run, I felt a strong urge to get out with Team:Work tonight and hit it.  Sadly, half of Team:Work had the plague (no, serious).  Three of us headed of to Grand Avenue to run the route for the Grand Old Day 5k, our first Team:Work race of the year.  It's not clear if I'll be running my race own on Sunday or pacing some of my teammates.  I think I agreed to a 10-miler on Saturday so probably just the pacing.  Here's our run tonight.  We did 8 minutes of running and four minutes of walking, not counting stop lights.


After the run I came home and counted calories.  I think this is the first day all week I'm actually at my calorie goal.  (The good thing about counting is that even if I go over my 1600 calories a day, I can still be in a weight loss range, it just means slower loss.  Good information to have so I don't feel like a failure for eating 1750 or 1800 calories I think.)  Thank goodness for running.

I also had some time to peruse the internet for news and enterainment stories.  Falling into the category of things that we shouldn't laugh at (but it's quite tempting):
So not helping

No comments:

Post a Comment