10.5.11

Two-a-days: Not sure that's completely necessary

0500 I woke up from this bizarre dream.  Running Beth was signed up for this marathon and some how she wound up at the start line with me and was all "yeah, we can run together".  (Sweet; she runs a lot faster than me.)  But the race was through a shopping mall (among other things) and at some point we literally had to sit down for a meal at a Bucca/Olive Garden type place.  Krazy Kat Lady was at the table and I was ready to go without the food.  Running Beth, of course, was feeling no pressure since she runs these things in waaaay less time than me.  So I got frustrated and mad and scared that I wasn't going to have time to finish and just got up from the table and abandoned Running Beth and kept doing the race.  Which by this time was winding through a big box store.  And I got lost.  And I missed Beth.  And then the alarm woke me up.  (Thank goodness.)

0530 Heather, Beth and I ran the Summit 4-miles route.  Heather and Beth were out for a nice easy four after a track meet (for their kids) the night before.  A "nice easy run" for them is not so much for me.  At the end of the run we had this conversation:
Me: So, next week I'll come again and we'll do more speedwork.
Beth: Speedwork ?!?
Me: Running with you is speed work for me.
Heather::Torn between laughing at my joke and wanting to actually do speed work::

At the end of the run I also had a moment where I really needed to do something gross.  (The pollen count is like 12 on a scale of 1-11).  And Beth and Heather were all watching me, concerned I guess because I was doubled over by my car door.  I was trying to do a loogie the size of a golf ball and be dainty about it. Just go, please, leave me alone for this for one second.

Work: Work was positive and productive.  I had three home visits, although one 'visit' was about three, no, four different people.  I multi-task.

1700:  That's 5pm for the rest of you.  For reasons unimportant to this story, I'd agreed to do an encore hill run with Team:Work tonight.  Hi, it's 85* with the heat index slightly higher than that, humidity is around 300% and we'd like to run up hill for 1.5 miles please.  It wound up being me, my boss and 'girl the other girl met in the bar'.  It was a fun night.  I love hill runs.  It was really hot too.

Go home: My apartment is roughly 85*.  The heat will not be turned off 'till next week.  Boo!.  At least I know it will be turned off soon.  (It's really not usually this hot in May.)  I ran into Neighbor (aka Apple guy) and we decided to go for dinner and catch up.  We went to the Birchwood.
When we were on the way home the sirens (yes, those sirens) started going and the sky had that yellow quality too it.  No tornadoes in Minneapolis that I know of but there was some hail here and some touchdowns in other parts of the state.

I think the plan for tonight is going to involve an air mattress to stay cool.  I need to decide if the plan similarly involves an air conditioner.  The jury is still out on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment