15.5.11

Twelve was the answer

Last night I debated about having my long run be a 12-miler or a 15-miler.  I decided almost every part of my body could've done 15 miles but my feet would certainly only stand for 12 miles.

Waking up was much less awful than usual.  It took very little mental convincing.  Getting dressed was more difficult.  12 miles in 47*.  Short sleeves?  Long sleeves?  Arm warmers?  I went for long sleeves; the correct decision given the 20 mph winds I contended with most of the day.  I grabbed my Gu, Gatorade and iPod and headed out.

I ran this route.  And felt much better than the last time I went for a long run.  The wildflowers are out.  The trees are getting buds and tiny little baby leaves (Hello Box Elders!  You're one of my favorite trees up here.)  And the birds were quite impressive.  I saw a hummingbird, a blue jay, grackles all over the place, and the brightest cardinal ever.

It was really a good run.  I didn't feel like dying at all, even on those stupid hills near Bryant, Portland, Chicago and 12th Ave.  I love rollers!

That's notable because I got home and an unbelievable wave a nausea hit me.  I didn't puke but I did think I was going to die.  Quite a turn of events from the run.  (Seriously, let me tell you how good I felt on this run.)  I don't know what my body's issue was.  I gave it a little water and a very small amount of food and it calmed the freak down. 

I did give my feet an ice bath although the rest of me declined.  (Thanks for the offer anyways!)  Then I had several cups of coffee and a nice protein platter for breakfast.  Now I'm getting ready for a nap.  Later I was thinking of going back over to Lake Harriet or Lake Nokomis for a nice walk and maybe take pictures of some of the flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment