13.5.11

Prodcutivity Friday - I stubbed my toe and it HURTS!

Four day work weeks are just the best!  I finally feel like I have time to clean; like housework isn't awful or a punishment; and I can have a generally orderly condo without giving up my entire weekend.

RUN! I woke up somewhat later than usual although still kind of early. Immediately the scheming in my brain began.  How can I not run?  Maybe I should go to the gym instead? This is my usual problem with morning workouts: my brain is still tired and doesn't want my body to get up.  My plan this morning, as with most mornings was to think "just get out of bed and get into the workout clothes".  Can still go to the gym in these clothes...  Next thought was "just go outside and start; if you still want to die in ten minutes it's ok to stop".  Of course I got outside and went about four feet, immediately felt great and had a nice run.
Paula Radcliffe thinks I set a personal best for the mile today.  Not sure why she'd think that about today and not one of those days I spent a mile running down hill but whatever.  (If you have the Nike+ system you know what I'm talking about.)

Eat! Breakfast was awesome.  I'm still counting calories.  Right now it's mostly helping me see how much I eat and how food, anxiety and idleness are related.  There was no anxiety around breakfast.  (How could there be with all that bacon?)

Car: Originally I'd planned to leave my car with the boys at my garage and come back for it later.  But they were all "no, sit here and wait; this won't take us long".  I had a couple errands to run that were in walking distance of the garage so I went to do those.  Along the way I found a new coffee shop  It's not new, just new to me.  The guy said he roasts his own beans.  Is this normal?  I also found a store my pooky bear will love as there's more scarves (fashion scarves) every time you turn around.
Back at the shop my boys told me I needed to get new brakes "when it starts grinding".  (I think one wheel's doing that now.)  So I'll be back to see them next Friday.  The boys have been telling me since last year at this time "you'll need to get those replaced soon" so I guess I got all the use out of those brake pads I realistically could've expected.

Other business: I now have an account with a VPN service.  Why I need that I'll leave to your imagination.

Cleaning and laundry: Oh cleaning, not sure how I feel about you but it is nice to have a clean place to relax.  During laundry folding and hanging I watched Big Fish because Ewan McGregor has a special place in my heart.  I'm getting back to the "I have too many clothes" stage because they don't all fit in the space I've alloted.

Lunch/Dinner: I totally got Thai food.  I love squid and it's not stupidly expensive here so I treated myself.  Protein right?  Everyone needs protein after a run.

More cleaning: I re-organized my tupperware drawer.  This was largely uneventful.  I also went after the boxes in my entertainment center that hold papers, books, CDs, DVDs and other crap.  They're all nice and organized and neat now.  And I stubbed my toe!  I hit it on one of those $@#% boxes and it hurts really bad.  (How do you know if a toe is broken?  I feel like this one's been 'broken' about five times in the past.)  Just to be clear, the injury occurred several hours about and it still hurts.  This is going to make a long run Sunday quite interesting.  Seriously.  Hurts.

YWCA! I hit the hot tub.  I totally ran into a girl from a partner agency in the locker room as I was changing.  She did not know my "no naked conversations" rule.  (The YWCA doesn't have changing rooms, just one big locker room.)  But she was fun to talk to; she had good information about, um, something interesting.
After the hot tub, per tradition, I went to the liquor store across from the Y.  It's Summer Shandy time!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete