2.5.11

Cincinnati Tuesday - Part 1

7:45am Why is my alarm ringing?  This thought was followed by me imagining it was raining outside.  (Can't run in the rain; I only brought one pair on running shoes...)  Sadly (happily?) I was mistaken.
8ish: Time for a run.  As soon as I walked out the door I was all hello humidity!  It's been so long.  I did a short-ish hill run.  It looks awful but it's really one of my favorite routes because by the time I've done the first mile the most awful part is over.  There were some happy signs on my run.  I also learned the course of the full marathon was either re-routed or doesn't go where I thought it went.  Erie avenue to Paxton?  Is the whole point just to add another hill to that route?  Someday I'd like to run the full marathon and all of the crazy hills therein.  All that's standing in my way is winter training.  (I could totally handle that right?)
I like how there's no date so they can re-use the signs! 

9ish I got back from running and drank a gallon of water. Did I mention the humidity? Then I did something productive *ahem* got on Facebook for a few minutes before breakfast. (Peanut butter and banana sandwich. WIN!.)

10:30am I met Jayna whom I quite literally haven't seen since high school, and her youngest at the Krohn Conservatory. Would you believe I'd never been to the butterfly show before? It was really fun. It was also really nice to talk to Jayna about high school and life since then. (Yes, if I had kids I'd consider moving back to Cincinnati so they could go to Walnut Hills too.)
At the Krohn - not sure how I got a picture without a butterfly.


Lunch - It's Skyline Time: After the butterflies it was totally time to eat. Skyline!.

Post lunch productivity: I had two things on my to-do list. One was to call my Visa company but it turns out they're way less annoying than I first thought and that call wasn't necessary. (Good thing too because that was the call I was dreading.) Now it's time to take a nap before I go on my next Cincinnati-Date. This time I'm seeing Deb, the girl who ran the Flying Pig Half with me last year. She wasn't able to train this year and instead of racing together we'll be shopping. Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment