6.4.11

Whoamygosh I can run!

Great success.  I got up this morning and went for a run around the lakes.  When's the last time I did that?  I honestly have no idea; long before the snow fell I'm sure.  (Winter has been rough.)   I was a little on my guard still this morning looking for snow and ice patches but it was all unwarranted as I found none.  Even the running path along the creek was open, meaning the creek went down a few feet.

I ran tonight with team:work as well, we 2.8 miles and used the intervals from week 3 of the couch potato plan. A new member joined team:work and we will call her the "fastie in sheeps clothing" 'cause she's got some speed.  She's still building up the endurance and getting used to running but she's got a great level of fitness to start with.

I'm starting to anticipate my next race (the Flying Pig Half Marathon) with excitement.  I should probably start working in some longer runs.  Sadly one of my favorite training spots, Ft Snelling, is under water right now so I'm looking for a different place for 10-12 mile runs with hills.

While I'm figuring out a 10-12 mile route with enough hills to prepare me for Cincinnati, here's what I've been listening to from my Kansas trip play list.

No comments:

Post a Comment