5.4.11

Vacation Kansas - Day 1

This is a Minnesota swimming pool in April.  It's still cold here.

Friday morning: I woke up and finally came to grips with the fact that I need to run a relay on Sunday and should run outside without stopping at least once before then.  The running outfit was tights and fleece pants, a winter running shirt and vest and wool socks.  (Just for reference.)

It took me all morning to pack.  I finally just had to pick about five different running outfits because the weather predictions for Lawrence had been so unbelievable up to then.  I also did some cleaning around the house so I'd have a clean place when I got back.

In the afternoon I headed over to Beth's and we started the trip.
Cheese balls were very important to our trip.  We had a container of cheese balls roughly the size of a five year old.  It was more or less the perfect size.
Friday was mostly driving but we did stop a couple of times and have some fun in the gas stations looking at all the candy they have in those places.
Anyone who's been to Iowa knows this is a gas station chain there.  Everyone else just thinks I have a dirty sense of humor.

My car buddies modeling hats at the gas station.

We arrived in Lawrence around 10:30pm and went to bed shortly thereafter.  I was in the 'tv room' at Beth's mom's house.  The TV room features a sofa-bed that is was surprisingly comfortable.  (Sorry Amanda.)

No comments:

Post a Comment