10.4.11

Hill training

Last night I got this text - 'wanna run tomorrow' from Neighbor Bok who is apparently a new running buddy as well.  Neighbor Bok said to text with other new running buddy, 'girl I met at the bar' (they need better nick names; open to suggestions) and figure something out.

Since these are new running buddies, I didn't feel I could say no despite having run 11 milesMaybe it'll be a recovery run?
The fact that I only own three running bras meant I had to do laundry last night as well.   (Not that many guys read this; it's fine.)  Running Saturday quickly turned into chore-and-productivity Saturday.  (Nice that's it's done now though.)

This morning I woke up and headed over to 'girl I met at the bar's' house with Neighbor Bok.  We ran down an awesome hill; and then we ran back up it.  New running buddies are faster going up hills than myself so they're good training partners, even better practice for my next race.  You may have heard me mention before, this race has quite the uphill.  The half-marathon (my race) has a fairly technical descent as well.

I think I won't see Neighbor Bok again until next week.  I will see Girl I Met at the Bar for a Thursday night hill run I think.  Perhaps I can convince her that this route will be a good idea.

I also need to pick an early day and go see the St Paul runners whom I have not seen since the day I had to stop running because I nearly hacked up a lung.  (See; that was so bad I didn't even write about it.)  And I need to find a day before Friday to either run 10 miles (ha!) or find a time to spend quality time of the elliptical.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment