23.2.11

Vacation Sunday - Rain is better than snow

I woke up this morning to rain and cold.  I decided I could handle one or the other but not both for running.  Thus, I stayed in bed for another hour, woke up and cooked breakfast.

After breakfast Mom, Marge and I headed up to the Krohn Conservatory to look at the pretty flowers.  It was way less busy than the last time we were there.  It was nice to see Marge because I usually miss her when I'm in town.







For lunch I headed over to see Alicia.  I was thrilled to find her boyfriend is now a cook at the Lav O Matic and Alicia was thrilled to find out I knew how to get there.  We had a nice lunch.  The black bean burger was a little disappointing but the fries and beer were awesome.

Alicia wanted to take me out to see her parents new farm, and to visit with her parents.  Alicia's parents always supposedly referred to me as "quality people" and when Alicia was with me she had no curfew and no rules.  I must have been 'quality' because we never got arrested.  Or even pulled over. (Boring.) It was nice to see them again. I even got to hang out with Alicia's now 13-year old nephew whom I'd last seen about 10 years ago.

This is where I was when it was snowing 10-15" in Minneapolis.


The farm was beautiful and reminded me why I think Kentucky is the prettiest place on earth.  (I've been more places on earth than most people my age.)  The farm comes complete with a slave fence (no, seriously, they're really called that) and an outhouse her dad made.  I'm not sure if that was a joke.  This farm is actually even hooked up to city water.

The tractor is from 1942.  I was given more information about the tractor (like the model and manufacturer) but I do not recall them now. 

Alicia - outhouse in the background!

No comments:

Post a Comment