23.2.11

Vacation Monday: In which it is too rainy for pictures

Cincinnati is awesome in the fact that it didn't get a foot of snow like my other home town.  (Sorry guys; I'll be back soon to get my share of it.)  It seemed to get about the equivalent in rain today.  I drove across at least one puddle and though "hmm, wonder how deep is this water and how much ground clearance does this car have?"

Morning: Mom woke me up and took me to Jazzercise.  I found myself unable to make excuses since it was so freaking wet outside.  There was no way I could run or do any other kind of activity.  The class was fine although probably not my thing all the time.  Mom was glad I went (which I should remember for later).

Lunch: Still Skyline time.  Just saying.

Vacation Monday afternoon: Mom and I headed over to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1.  I liked it but I find the movies easy to follow since I've read the books.  The trick is to not read the books for a while, go see the movie and then re-read the book.  Don't re-read the book to put you in the mood for the movie.  No good will come of it.  The Danburry Dollar Saver on Glenway was filled with every bit of ghetto that I remembered and some additional suck when the GPS on my phone had a its own fail.  I can see the building but I'm in the back of it and there's no freaking driveway here.

In which I see a very old friend: After the movie I deposited Mom, safe and dry, at home and went over to see the girl who grew up in the other family of this two-family house I grew up in.  Our parents owned the house together but there were separate living spaces.  (It was an unusual childhood, looking back now.)  We grabbed coffee at a cool place over on the Northside.  Em and I hadn't hung out the two of us in many years and I had a really nice visit.  It's kind of nice to be able to find our own way to be friends now without living in the same house or our parents putting their expectations on anything.

Where is the food?  It's time to eat again?  We tried to go to the Green Dog Cafe which I support for its local and organic efforts.  Sadly, it's closed on Monday.  (I knew that from trying to buy a gift certificate there once but try telling Dad he's wrong.)  We wound up at an Indian restaurant near home which was nice too.

In which I teach my Mom about TV Monday: I made some joke about Monday being TV night in my house.  It usually is between House and Castle.  Tonight in between loads of laundry Mom and I watched both shows.  She was saddened to learn that Castle is a two-parter.  She is unlikely to stay up next week and see how it ends.

Planning for travel Tuesday:  I'm mostly packed now.  My running gear is drying downstairs since it is not dryer friendly.  I'll get up in the morning and fold that.  Dad was trying to have me at the airport several hours before the flight but I think I've got him talked down to about two.  I did call and talk to Bonnie so I have a ride home from the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment