14.1.11

Oh, sweet, 15* isn't that cold

The St Paul ladies invited me for a bonus Friday run (I suspect they looked at the weather from the rest of  today and the weekend and wanted to squeeze one more in) and I totally took them up on the offer.

So at 5am I was getting out of bed, yelling at my alarm clock and being generally amazed that I slept as well as I did.  (Those 3 ibuprofen I took sure did something.)

The line of the day goes to miss Beth who declared towards the end of the run that she was really glad she came out.  (We are too!)  To show her joy, she face planted *ahem*, leaped body and face first into the snow on the sidewalk in front of her.  And then showed us all her great sense of humor. 

The snow out there, wow.  Running is tough.  I think by the time the snow melts (looking like about May now) my calves will double in size.  After that one really big storm most of the snow has come and inch or so at a time.  Which means some homeowners (you know who you are) are all 'well, that's not even enough to shovel really'.  It adds up and gets uneven and thick.  Sometimes we look like we're drunk just trying to get through it.  For an approximation of the effect, try running through quicksand.  Good luck.

After running I got down to the business of my first Friday 'chore and errands' day.  I'm supposedly working a 4 day week now (more on that in a second) so I'm reserving Friday for all kinds of stuff.  Today on my list was

  • Get new wiper blades - per usual, the universe provided a little man to help me change them
  • Bank to cash check - the people at Wells Fargo on Lake Street are super nice.
  • Go to the YWCA for just for the good behavior attendance thing - it's 1030am and the parking lot is fullOh, the January gym crazies.
  • Target for a storage container, pepsi and gum -  well hello Lake Street Target.  It's been so long since I've visited you. It actually looked pretty nice in there and at 1030 on a Friday, no screaming kids.  Win for me.
  • Good Will - because that stuff just had to go
  • The Co-op - to get food for Christmas dinner on Sunday with my pooky bear and miss herself who is now a cat lady
  • The liquor store - same reason as the co-op plus it's supposed to snow this weekend so I'm planning ahead

After that, I did actually have to work for a few hours.  I had something unexpected happen at work yesterday.  After said experience, I stopped working and saved the rest for later.

Now I'm sitting on my couch, not having to work again until Tuesday and ready for this next 'snow storm' and 'cold snap' we're supposed to get.

No comments:

Post a Comment