12.1.11

I $%*&ing hate this $%#@ing day

Let the catharsis begin.

5:00am: shutup shutup stopmakingthatnoise muh directed in the general direction of my alarm clock followed by getting out of bed and gearing up for a run.
5:30am Runners on Ice 2: Dashing through the Snow.  Thank goodness for Beth.  Running was the best part of my day.  (Dude, I hope your dog is feeling, um, better.)
7:15am Working from home begins.  Yeah, I started that early, you'd think I'd have more hours in today.
8:45am Run to the clinic to pick up my contact lenses.  Pay for said lenses.  Walk off without them. You have got to be kidding me!
9:30am Working - the social work student did an excellent job with the home visit
12:00pm Team meeting - I think it was ok, I was still thinking about the previous visit during most of the meeting...
1:30pm Prepare to facilitate a strategic planning session for a collaborative of several agencies across the metro.  (Not sure what I was thinking when I agreed to this.)
2:00pm-4:00pm Facilitate said strategic planning.  I  am exhausted.
5:00ish Try to print the letters of recommendation my teeanger asked me for 24hours ago.  My printer picks this exact $%#* moment to stop working or run out of ink or whatever.  Troubleshooting ensues.
5:30pm Head over to Office Max in Minneapolis rushour traffic.  I am in the seventh level of hell.  Driving anywhere in Minneapolis is ridiculous right now because roads are about half their normal width.  It sucks up and down.  Office Max can refill my ink cartridges.  Sweet!
6:00ish Get home.  Printer still thinks there's no black ink in the cartridge.  More troubleshooting ensues.  It still doesn't work.  *#$^ off I say.
7:00pm -ish Head back over to the office with my teenager to print off recommendation letters.  I nearly bit my kids head off when she put in her iPod head phones.  (I will turn this car around and print your letters a different day if you can't stand to be in the car with me and have a conversation...)  Poor thing, it'd been a rough day for both of us.
8:00pm and beyond I finally got home and abandoned the idea of working anymore tonight.  I was feeling like I had a lot to get done because I'm trying to work all my hours in 4 days (and it's more hours than I expected when the whole '4 day' thing started so I'm even more confused).  I talked to Amanda for a while and heard about school.  I also emailed her and my Pooky Bear about Sunday when we have our belated Christmas.  I'm still trying to decide if running or sleeping tomorrow morning would be the better course of action.

No comments:

Post a Comment