To entertain you further, enjoy this Robert Plant song, Angel Dance. Play it in the background while you read this post:
- Can we have education reform if we don't address poverty? I'd heard of the Harlem Children's Zone before but was glad to have more information about it.
- Vitamin D Deficiency is alarmingly common, and more common in races with typically darker complexion. Just another reason to run outdoors all year long.
- We're out of election season (everywhere but Minnesota where we have to count each vote several times per year), but I found this interesting. Polls that don't include cell phone users skew Republican.
- Comcast is striking a blow to net neutrality and I say boo.
- A map of factory farms in the US shows that Iowa is full of pigs. St. Louis County (Duluth, MN) is full of everything. Wow.
- The Boston Marathon filled this year in eight hours and Freakonomics thinks they've got the qualifying times too lenient for females. I'm of two minds about this. First off, yes, Boston should be hard, that's the point of having a qualifier marathon. That said, it's really hard to get those proportions correct and equal. The championship triathlon that's run in Minneapolis (Lifetime Fitness Triathlon) has tried for years to figure out how many minutes head start to give elite women over the elite men and they've never got it right. No matter what they do, a woman has never won.
Remember watch this old Nike Ad? Just saying.
- Finally, WIN for the best headline of the day. This was on the level of the 'your client can't have a python' message. Seriously - look at the art.