10.12.10

Running in Freaking Narnia

Here's how life has been:
Thursday: I worked from home.  I am so productive when I work from home.
I also went to the gym and tried to run on the dreadmill and failed spectacularly.  Using a treadmill was fine exactly one time.  I probably shouldn't have had it up as fast as I did so early in the run.  Oops.  I started with a goal of moving nine miles and wound up doing about six between the dreadmill and a couple of ellipticals.

Friday:  I woke up and did a little more work from home.  I was forced to put half-and-half in my oatmeal because I was out of hazelnut milk and I refuse to use water.  WIN for me.  I had a meeting for work and then stopped in the office for a little while.

I was furloughed for the afternoon, an opportunity I turned into "lunch with Amanda".  Amanda helped me learn the general awesomeness that is Punch Pizza.  And I don't even like pizza.  Ever.  During lunch Amanda talked to me about "the golden hour" after working out when my body has the easiest time converting food back into glycogen.  (To be clear, runners burn off a lot of glycogen when we run.  A lot.)

After lunch, I did some research just to verify that she wasn't full of crap.  (Sorry sweetie, but really?  "The golden hour"?)  Turns out it's for real and then I was distracted by the things on the bottom of that website so I googled "Vatta Pita Kaptha" which lead me to a test to find out which one I am.  (Dude, a blizzard is on it's way.  I may not leave this house again until Monday morning and I need entertainment.)  Here's my results (from this website.)  And some gems from this website too



Amen!

Double amen!  Pooky Bear: Where's My Coffee?!

After yesterday's awful workout, I headed out today for a run around Lake Nokomis. The paths were mercifully clear but it otherwise felt like I was running in Narnia. Especially with the light posts all lit up and glowing off the snow.  You know the scene:

Just to be clear, running after pizza was a bad ideas. There were no winners.

The weather was actually pretty good for the run, temperatures up in the 20's and no wind. Not like the next few days which is why I got out there. Still, ice does collect after a run.
Ice and frost on my hat.  After running and the car ride home from the lake, there's still that much frozen stuff on me.  Brrr.
After the run, I took a couple pictures of me with me thank-you gifts from Team:Work

Put on a happy face - a Chipotle Gift Card

Gloves for winter running - perhaps because my current pair while hilarious, were not adequate to Minnesota's needs.  I call these my Spidey-Gloves because the fingers have these sticky-grippers that are just unreal.

No comments:

Post a Comment