10.12.10

Friday LINKFEST and assorted ramblings

Apparently, there's about to be a blizzard in Minnesota so I'm staying in tonight.  (Why isn't The Good Guys more interesting right now?)  Here's what's happening so far:


  • My exchange-student-brother, currently at InvestFashion, used to work for American Eagle as a fashion designer.  He would tell stories about endless meetings with business people talking about the cost of a zipper and "this thread is $.09/yard but this thread is $.08/yard and it's almost the same color" kind of thing.  This story made me think of him.
  • Hey! State of Minnesota: this is a great idea, especially since those traffic cameras that would fine/issue tickets were declared unconstitutional.  Pavolov taught me it's much easier to use rewards to increase behavior than to use punishments as a deterrent.  Just saying.
  • Go Purple!, apparently now also an Alzheimer's fighter.
  • Speaking of health, diabetes prevalence across the US over time.  Am I correct in thinking that the counties in Arizona, and South Dakota with high incidence of diabetes are also largely populated by Native American tribes?  Just curious.
  • Which color are you?  And which one will make you buy stuff?
  • Remember that blizzard I mentioned?  the only relief I could find....

No comments:

Post a Comment