29.12.10

Christmas Vacation one day at a time: Sunday

Today was the family Christmas party.  Oh wow.  To get the feel, play this video while you read the post:

For those who can't watch embeded video, check out the video on youtube.

Last night I went to bed late; I think I was up typing blog posts come to think of it.  This morning, I woke up similarly kind of late.  Mom and Dad had been up and going for a while.  I had some cereal and then they put me to work.

The party is at the clubhouse that's part of the association where my parents live.  We took two car-loads of stuff over and started to set up.  Honestly, Mom had some pretty specific thoughts about how she wanted things so once the heavy lifting was done, there wasn't a whole lot for me to do.




And then they started coming.  They kept coming all afternoon.  The family party is honestly something of a blur.  I know I got to play with all the kids and hold both little babies.  Merry Christmas Lizzo!  I had some of the kids take pictures for me too.  Adults will do things for a four year old with a camera that you couldn't believe.  It's like they loose their minds momentarily. Thank goodness.

Not eating shoes right now are you?

Best reason ever to give the camera to the 5-year-old: My uncles would never even think of this for me.



Obligatory pictures of Aunt Mary and I - she must've been using her camera too


Had to get at least one nice picture of Uncle Nick - he does silly and ridiculous so well

See - this party is a blast!

After most of the people left the party we cleaned the club house and took several loads back to the house.  I packed up the food and started dealing with the dishes before I was relieved of my duties. Off to Skyline I went.  That's right.  I'm like the only human being that didn't totally overeat at the party.  I knew there'd be a payoff later. After dinner we watched part of my favorite movie of all time before I lost my brain and had to stop.  Is it almost time for bed?



The next couple of days I have plans to see friends.  Jenny, Chris, Alicia, here I come.  I think Chris is hoping for a repeat of the toilet seat incident.  With Jenny I'm hoping to see the Krohn Conservatory and whatever else she wants to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment