29.12.10

Christmas vacation - Going home!

Ohmugosh whatimizzit?  That's how all of today has been.

I woke up to a buzzing cell phone (I miss my fancy alarm clock) and headed to the basement to get my clothes.  (Win for having clean clothes to take home!)  Then Dad made Mom and I breakfast.  Bonus for him not cooking me fake bacon (what's the point of that really?)

Dad dropped me off at the airport shortly before 10am for an 11:10am flight (are you sure that's enough time).  TSA did have a body scanner in use but they decided I didn't look suspicious enough and sent me through the normal metal detector.

I arrived at the gate in plenty of time and went about entertaining myself with all my technologies.  Paramount in my entertainment were the camera on my cell phone, several episodes of my new favorite show, Castle, and some songs including Beggar's Prayer, Everybody Loves Me, The End (Pearl Jam), and Angel Dance

Watch as many many men try to fix the plane before we leave...

Finally onboard

CVG was a ghost town

That's right: Cincinnati Ohio's airport is in Kentucky.  Don't let it freak you out.

Midway through my entertainment the chaos started.  "They need more nitrogen on the plane, you can't board yet".  Then, "we'll take off half hour late" which turned into 1230.  At 1230 the plane wasn't ready to take off so they gave us all meal vouchers and told us to come back in an hour.  A little after 130pm the plane finally took off.  I was sitting next to a really cute guy but he was a smoker and really frustrated about having blown all of his connections so I didn't chat him up really.  Sorry.

Once I got into town I was pleasantly surprised that the snowfall was about how I'd left it.  (You know they had a Snow Emergency here on Christmas day.)  Bonnie came and got me from the airport and ferried me home.  I slept on the couch for a while before making myself dinner.  I'm thinking now I'll sleep in my bed.  I have two doctor appointments (same clinic, ease of scheduling) in the morning and then I'm heading to the office.  Who knows what I'll get into there.

No comments:

Post a Comment