29.11.10

Sick - well that was unexpected

As previously mentioned, I'd been out of town for the holidays.

Yesterday I woke up at 5:45am in Indiana.  (That's 4:45am in Minnesota for those keeping score.)  My aunt and uncle woke up and sent me on my way home.  It was actually a good day for driving, lots of sunshine and I left early enough that Chicago was a breeze (and when does anyone ever say that?).  I got home a little before 3pm in Minnesota and had this conversation with my Dad:
D - are you going to call later?
Me - I have no idea.  I need to hang up the phone now becuase I'm a zombie.

Several hours later I got off the couch and got take out.  I thought I was just exhausted from the drive but something must have been actually wrong because the moment food touched my stomach I knew there was trouble.  I went to bed at 8:45pm.

This morning my alarm went off at 6:25am.  That's 9.5 hours of sleep.  I sat in bed and looked at Facebook for a while before finally convincing myself to run.  Ultimately I decided that I just had to move seven miles and moving that at any speed above a walk would be fine, I didn't have to haul @ss today.  Good thing too because there was ice everywhere.  Including Lake Hiawatha.  Lake Nokomis has the beginnings of ice, near the shore.  The middle is still water.  The paths around Lake Hiawatha and a bit of Lake Nokomis are like a slip and slide.  How exciting.  On the way home all I could think about was hot oatmeal.  Once again, the moment food touched my stomach, I knew I was in trouble. 

I laid down on the couch and went back to sleep.  Something is really wrong if I sleep 9.5hrs and need more after that.  I have no idea how I made it for that run.  What the hell?  Nothing gross happened, I just felt really bad.

Around 3 or 4pm I started to feel like a person again and thought about going to work for my computer.  Oh look, rain that's supposed to turn into snow.  I changed my mind.  I called my office voice mail and found I have 10 messages waiting for me.  I decided I didn't want to know.

Around 7pm I tried food again.  That was a mistake.  I'm also drinking lots of water.  Decidedly not a mistake.  We'll see how I do tomorrow.  I'm setting the alarm for late since I already know I'm not trying to make it to work by 9am.  Remember the rain that's turning into snow?  It'll turn into ice too and I don't want a piece of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment