5.11.10

Retail therapy and music therapy

Today was, well, let's back up.

Last night was Tom's birthday and I went out with the Amsterdam and Ragnar Relay crew.  (Side note - how are there not pictures from Amsterdam up on my blog?)  We went to Keiran's.  I was delighted to learn said establishment keeps Crispin on tap.  In the midst of my drinking, a good friend (and sometimes drinking buddy) called and we made breakfast plans.

This morning I got to sleep in because I only owed work five more hours and then head out to breakfast at the Uptowner.

The first Friday of each month is our all-staff meeting.  I generally try my best to avoid said meetings but I couldn't schedule a home visit for today so I had to go.  It was a rough, rough staff meeting.  There's a bad situation and a lot of people are really frustrated, or, in my case, feel like our voices aren't heard or acknowledged.  For myself, outside of work, I feel like no matter what happens on some higher level I will be fine so I don't have to worry as much.  (Faith is a beautiful thing.)  I still had a hard time being around everyone who was so upset.

I left work early.  I was actually fairly calm and reasoned in the meeting but that was about as long as I could hold it together. 

I came home and engaged in some retail therapy.  (Thanks Amazon!)  I also played a lot of guitar (it's a wonder my neighbors haven't complained yet) and am thinking about more, um, beer therapy although that's undecided.

I also listened to a lot of music which usually calms me down.  Here are some of today's favorites:
This Night Won't Last Forever - Sawyer Brown
I shall be released - The Band
True Colors - Phil Collins (although I'm not opposed to the Cyndi Lauper version)
Pride (In the name of love) - Soweto Gospel Choir.  If you haven't heard of this group, it's time for an introduction.
U Want Me 2 - Sara McLachlan
Labels or Love - Fergie Judge not.

No comments:

Post a Comment