17.11.10

the definition of crazy

No, it's not work that's making me crazy right now, I mean, it's not helping, but it's not the main thing.  Here's what's been going on:

Sunday - went bowling with my Pooky Bear and her hubby, Amanda and Amanda's new guy.  My Pooky Bear, awesome friend that she is, told me I looked really good (assuming that's a reference to my weight).  I decided I needed to continue loosing weight.
Simultaneously, my iPod battery is about FRIED which means the calorie tracking app that I've been using forever is harder to use.
Sunday also marks the day I realized my stylist missed a spot when she cut my hair.  It's just big enough (enough to pinch between my thumb and two fingers) that I wasn't going to let Amanda near me with scissors.

Monday  I have absolutely no recollection... oh wait, now I remember.  On this day, work ended with a two hour home visit.  Then I went out with some friends to a local mexican place and had awesome food and a fantastic margarita.  Why has it been so long since I've had one of those?  Monday ended well.

Tuesday was the day work tried to kill me.  I survived.  Tuesday night I ran with Team:Work yes, in that ice-rain thing we had and one of my teammates who is in her 50's and never run before she started training with us ran 3 miles.  She had to stop and take a couple little walks but she did fantastic, and she wasn't deterred by the weather at all.  I was really proud.
I tried a new calorie counter app on my phone.  It's just not the same.
I also decided I needed to pick a new marathon to train for and draw up a schedule, partly so I keep running this winter but also so I don't get fat again.  I picked The Minneapolis Marathon which is a late spring/early summer marathon right after Memorial Day.  (No, it's not the same as Twin Cities, thanks for asking.)  Minneapolis Marathon also has a half marathon course which is where I ran my first half-marathon.  I picked Minneapolis because it's an out and back course and in a location that's easy for many people I know to come out and cheer.  The out and back is nice because it actually makes parking and logistics much easier than Twin Cities.
My training schedule can be easily adjusted in case I loose my mind and want to run the Flying Pig full instead of the half, or if I want to try Stillwater or Gramma's Marathon instead of Minneapolis.  For now, I just need to get moving.
New on this schedule are speed workouts once a week (hill runs, tempo runs, and intervals) and a schedule of the type of cross training I should be doing each week (rowing, weights or cycling).  Staying the same is continuing to weigh myself weekly after long runs.  It was good to keep track of that last year.  It's part of what helped me drop 15 pounds.

Wednesday: I am too strong for work to kill, try as it may.  Work was actually fine today, I was in the office all day and was quite productive.  At the end of the night I ran with Team:Work again and we did a full 3 miles. We had to stop and take a couple brief walks and there were a couple of places we had to plod carefully along the snow.
After that I went to a concert at the Highland Park Rec Center to hear Ticket to Brasil (this site opens with sound but the music is safe for work).  My friend Jenna (yes, the one who thought racing in a snow storm would be a good idea) invited me.  I'm glad she did; I had a really good time.  The guitar player was really good and fun to watch.  And their drummer (who was brand new) was nice eye candy as well.



Now I need to go to sleep so I can wake up and run tomorrow morning.  Here's my new shirt:

No comments:

Post a Comment