12.11.10

The beatings will continue



Things have been rough at work.  Just really rough.  Wednesday felt like anything someone could find to make my job harder, or take time away from my regular duties got dropped on me.  I'm sure alcohol was involved in the evening.

Thursday got better.  I knew I was going to need a good run.  Beth woke up at the crack of dawn so we could run up and down Summit Ave for a little while.  Thank you so much.  I felt like myself the rest of the day.

I came home and, because of an odd scheduling thing, had extra time to have breakfast.  I ran out of cream for my coffee (Amanda, you have no business judging my cream intake anymore 'cause that was all you) but had two full cups before that so I was in good shape.  I went to work for a couple of hours (literally) and then was done for the day.

Amanda was trying to convince me that we needed Turkey Burgers but I was able to persuade her that Chinese was the way to go.  Mmmm, sesame chicken. Plus they had fried bananas for dessert.  Mmmm.

After lunch, Amanda showed me this new walking path she'd found.  We ignored the "road closed due to flooding" sign and hiked along the south/west bank of the Mississippi River (and I think part of what we walked along was actually the Minnesota river too).  It was a very relaxing day.


Today for relaxation, I woke up without an alarm of any kind. I'm having a full pot of coffee and then going to get my hair cut. Yeah, when it's this short I have to take care of it more.

I have one work thing to do and will have to write case notes; I'll probably do that from home though. Then it's off for more relaxation today. Tomorrow, I'm apparently running a 5-mile race in the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment