28.10.10

Taper with running friends

This week is the taper before the Monster Dash on Saturday.

I actually hadn't run since I broke Beth last Saturday.  Sunday through Tuesday I felt like absolute crap.  (Don't worry, I know the source of my symptoms.)  By Wednesday evening I was feeling alive enough to spend some time on the elliptical.

This morning, waaay before the crack of dawn I got up and hauled myself over to St Paul. It was really freaking cold out.  I found myself emotionally unprepared to think about winter running pants so I put on my normal tights.  Yes, the ones that leave half my legs bare.  But I did wear the cute winter running shirt that I got Saturday night shopping with my pooky bear.  Hilariously I lead the group and set the pace, which never happens.  I was just too cold to stop moving. 

Beth must still have an aversion to running with me since she cut the run a mile short with other Beth.  (I hope your calf is better and I'm sorry I told you to man up.)  It was good to see Beth(s) briefly though.

That left me with Robin and Heather to finish out the run.  I had a really nice time.  Thanks for running me up and down the streets of St Paul dodging tree limbs.  I find myself overcoming the feelings of death and pain I was experiencing earlier this week and am now looking forward to running on Saturday.  In my costume.

No comments:

Post a Comment