12.10.10

Remembering how to run

Ok - it's possible I remember how to run.  I woke up at the crack of dawn and ran with Beth (and our pacer dog Henson) in St Paul.  Henson is a fast runner but he had to stop a few times.  I'd always be secretly relieved when he had to stop and smell something so I could take a breather.  (Sorry Beth.)

After awesome run number 1 I stopped at the bakery for fresh bread and made a huge breakfast complete with a full pot of coffee.  Yum!  I also had the bacon and eggs I got at the farmer's market.  The bacon is excellent but sadly has nitrites it so I'm not sure if I can continue to buy it.  (Thanks to the organic police *ahem* my cousin Mark for teaching me why nitrites are bad.)  The farmer's market eggs are pasture-fed and fantastic!

I went to work (with the bottom half of my coffee) and worked all day. 

Then I got ready for awesome run number 2 today as I trained Team:Work.  Today was the first workout of week five of the Couch Potato plan.  I was a little worried since some of them haven't run in a while but they handled it fantastically.  Next week we're doing workout number 2 from week five and then we'll move on to week six.

I'm a little sore so stiff I can't move from lifting weights on Monday.  That was a fun and relaxing workout but it definitely needs to be refined.  My legs only stop hurting when I'm running.  After I stop running I tighten right up.  I had to go down the stairs backwards today.

Tomorrow I'm thinking about hill runs with my usual route in St Paul.  And signing up for the Monster Dash 10-miler.

No comments:

Post a Comment