21.10.10

Relaxed blogging - Thursday HILL RUNS

Today was, well, it just was.  Here's what happened.
7am - Why is my alarm making noise?  Sometime after that I took a shower and headed off to work.

8:30 - I'm here.  Must eat now.  I had a Coke with breakfast.  I knew I needed it.  I had oatmeal an hour later.  How did I live so long without oatmeal?

10am - People show up in my office (good thing I was expecting them) and we plan the day.

11am - Stop number 1 for the day - That could've been better.

12pm Lunch at a restaurant in the neighborhood of stop number 1.

1245pm Ok, not so bad anymore.  Stop number 2.

2pm Just one more, yes we have to stop here too.  Last stop.

3pm Back at my office to debrief.

3:30pm I have never spent so long with the same people in my job.  Most of the time my visits are about an hour.  Wow.  Is it time to RUN yet?  And, seriously, my FB account was hacked?  Lovely.

4pm Thank goodness, time for a HILL RUN.  I knew what my day was going to be like and I knew I'd need to have some alone time afterwords so the run was perfect. For fun, compare Gmap-pedomoter's description of elevation change (in blue and white) with the elevation relief from that website I can't stand becuase of how many ads it has and how not user friendly it is. Although they do have pretty elevation pictures with the colors and stuff.

Having been there, I assure you, the top one is a more accurate description of what I just did.

5:01:30pm  Lord, how fast was I going?  I'm not super slow going up the hills, I keep a good pace.  I haul ass coming down them.  I still haven't perfected this route.  I almost got hit by cars a couple times on Lexington right after Randolph.  Yes, I was on the sidewalk and obeying the laws.  Next time I think I may have to continue on Randolph east a couple blocks and try a side street.  I know many of those streets from running with Team:Work.

5:02pm Haul tail home.  Why is 62 backed up all the way to here?  Damn 35W construction.

5:3-- sometime later  Arrive home, jump in shower and make self presentable following hill run.  Look at Facebook and address that issue.  Change passwords for a couple other sites as well.

6:00  I'm late!  Run up to Midtown Community Restorative Justice (which I think has since been eaten by a larger restorative justice project, probably should've gone to that meeting).

6:08pm or so  Arrive at Restorative Justice.  Wanted to follow the rules which would've resulted in an unappealing result "to be a hardass" with someone but was talked off the ledge by a former probation officer (softy).  Congratulated another person on completing the program.

After that: Headed to Rainbow since I can no longer shop at Target.  (Don't know how long that'll last.  Wonder how long it's been so far.)  I stocked up on gum, candy for work and this Italian bread that exists nowhere else on the planet.  Stopped at the liquor store for some Honeyweiss.  With my day, is this a surprise?  And stopped by the gym.

7:0ssh 7:2wha I am so tired I can no longer tell time: Where is the beer?  Opened a beer and my laptop at roughly the same point.  I traded texts with Amanda until she just gave up and called me.  Now I'm on beer number two and circling for a landing in my bed.

1 comment: