19.10.10

How's Life Been - stomach; training and freaky dreams

How's life been?  I keep having weird dreams and my stomach hates me.

The dreams: I keep having dreams where I'm chasing down wolf spiders and killing them (sorry Chris, you're welcome Dani) or accidentally stepping on snails and salamanders.  If you have some free time look up the symbolism of these animals.  It can't be good that I'm trying to kill them.  I also had a dream where Chris went nuts in a Claire's type store and started taunting the staff and playing with a foursquare ball (serious) with his friends.  Somehow my old school was connected to the mall.  He got in there to hide but I got him out eventually.  (If you know Chris, being a jerk is pretty much the last thing he'd ever do so it was really odd.  Maybe he has an evil twin.)

My stomach: It does this every once n a while.  Tummy and I have entered into negotiations and it seems to be taking food normally at this point.  Yesterday I was on clear liquids.

Training:  This half-marathon is going to be something else.  (It's only a half!?!  Why do runners say that to each other?)  After I ran on Sunday my stomach was mad.  It made me take Monday off.  I took this morning off too after Beth *ahem* couldn't get to her shoes because her floors were being redone (yeah, sure) and Robin excused me from getting out of bed that early.
Tonight I ran with Team:Work.  We're coming up with some good team uniform ideas.  I'd tell you what they are but I want them to stay private until the big day.  Team did good tonight, their first time running eight minutes without stopping.  Congratulations! After that I went to the gym and made up the four miles I didn't run this morning.

In a sick way, I'm looking forward to Thursday's hill run.  I have a couple different courses in mind.  I think I need to stop hill running because the Pikes Peak Marathon is starting to look interesting.  Seriously.  Stop now.

No comments:

Post a Comment