6.9.10

LINKFEST Sunday Monday!

  • Turns out kids these days aren't so bad, unless you're an old grouch who wants them to be.
  • Breathing and relaxation techniques for endurance runners.  Perhaps I should try these again before next month.
  • Today is the last day of the fair, here's all the food you missed.  Except Amanda and I who ate to win while we were there.
  • Speaking of the fair, I can't believe this story made it all the way to MSNBC.  It's funny they picked a non-Somali Muslim for the photo of that story.  (Of course they did...)  The Muslim community in Minnesota is overwhelmingly Somali refugees.
  • Who downloaded iTunes 10 so far?  I did and I agree with many of the things written here.  For example, did the icon really need to be changed?  Did you really need to loose all of the color in the UI?  Why did you make the buttons go from horizontal to vertical? (Thanks for the fix on that one, already taken care of.)  I do like the new volume button.
  • More light rail for Minneapolis?  Where would we be if there wasn't construction on some road near my neighborhood.  The other line they talked about, the midtown line, I assume would replace the 21 bus route, and is badly needed.  (The 21 is an adventure at best but a very important line.)  I can't think why that would be county and not city land though, unless the county helps maintain Lake Street.
  • just a little fun to brighten your day.
  • Here's the obligatory political bullet:  Governor Pawlenty (our current governor) appears to be gearing up for a 2012 presidential run (as a republican)Here's what the polls say.  (I live in the biggest city in the state, work in the capital city, and the international airport is in between the two.  I don't want a presidential candidate from my state right now.) 
  • One of the possible reasons Governor Pawlenty is not so popular right now? Because all the nurses said so(Full disclosure - my job has something to do with contracts that are funded by Medicaid dollars so I was all for taking the extra federal dollars too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment