4.9.10

It's funny, I got my blog up and forgot what I wanted to say

Marathon training is coming to a crescendo.  And fall is coming to town!

(Blogger got a new post editor and I'm not such a fan. Whoa my god, now it's warning me my html tags aren't closed. Calm the freak down.)

Wednesday something unexpected and very welcome happened that brings a good omen for marathon weekend.

(Seriously not liking the new text editor.)

Thursday was a super busy day at work. I know there was a translator for at least one of the things that had to happen. I actually left work early due to immense pain. And came home and took some strong pain killers. That got rid of the pain. And then made me toss all my cookies. Sadly, I'll never be able to eat this dish again. It wasn't the dish itself that made me sick, seriously, it was the pills. And it was really good. (I'm finally understanding why Amanda had strong feelings towards Chipotle after she tried to kill me with alcohol that one night.)

Friday, you guessed it, back at work. I had two home visits and a meeting so I was uber-busy. Usually by the time Friday afternoon hits, I am so exhausted I just want the work week to end. So I rarely make plans for Friday night. (Kind of lame.) Friday was no exception.

Saturday morning (that's today!) I woke up and made an entire pot of coffee for myself. (32oz vs the regular 16oz I usually make.) Hey, it's the weekend. Looking back, that could have been a mistake because my tummy was less than thrilled. But I was totally wired and got laundry and some cleaning done. I read for a while and then headed out for a quick five miler.

I ran at Lake Nokomis and it was busy although nowhere near as busy as I'd imagined it being on Labor Day weekend. I realized last Wednesday as I ran my awesome run that I had barely run at Lake Nokomis at all in August, possibly not even once. This is the first time probably since the winter that I drove to the lake and did a short run around it. (Brings back memories and makes me look forward to this winter... Wait. Did I just say that?)

After the run I went grocery shopping and really should've weighed the heirloom tomatoes before purchasing. This is going to be expensive soup. But soooo good. Especially since I can't eat beans again. Ever. I'm saving the actual cooking for tomorrow or the next day.

I made some pasta for dinner. I agree with all of my cousins who say pasta (spaghetti) is the best pre-race/basketball/soccer/whatever-the-sport food on the planet. Yum.

I'm also trying to meditate a little more. I find I like the way my body feels. It's like a buzz without the beer (or pain killers) and without the ill effects those substances cause. I also find I sleep better and I'm more relaxed when I'm awake. Which is fantastic.  I've discovered there's about a million podcasts on meditation, mindfulness, guided imagery, etc. There's also some iPod apps but I'll stick with the free stuff for now.

Oh, now the text editor is working right.  For a while it wasn't behaving correctly when I hit return/enter (whichever it is on your keyboard).  Nope, not working again.  So fussy.

The plan for tomorrow is one more long run followed by an awesome month of tapering.  Mom and Dad come up this week for a visit too so I've got a list of activities for their consideration.  Most of them involve being outside but Ikea and MOA are also featured on the list.  I'm going to meditate more now so I sleep well and have a good run tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment