15.8.10

Best. Day. Ever.

The weather this week was totally out of control. Until today. WIN!

I woke up late this morning, after all that partying last night. By 10am, it was still cool enough to run. And run I did. I'm counting that as a hill route now. It was a fantastic day. Lake Harriet was packed with walkers, runners, strollers (I swear, a church service too) and I didn't mind a bit.

I didn't bring water with me so I was quite parched by the time I got back. I jumped in my bathing suit and headed out to the pool with water and juice. Niiiice. Then it was off to lunch at Chipotle with Steve. (Is it possible I have no pictures of Steve? That seems not right.)

After lunch I cleaned. And cleaned. And organized. And organized. And cleaned. I did the kitchen yesterday, mostly. Today was the bedroom including my closet, the bathroom, (oh man, I missed re-organizing under the sink), the linen closet, the front closet, and the living room. Still to do: floors. Then I headed out to my car where I found what I hope are the last remnants of the time my car window was busted. No glass splinters this time but I cut my finger and it did bleed a lot. (Actually it gushed out which is ridiculous becuase the wound can't be any bigger than a pin prick now that it's stopped.)

After the cleaning madness, I tried to go to Bed Bath and Beyond and then Wells Fargo to deposit a check. And failed at both. Bed Bath and Beyond closes at 6pm on Sundays. Hmph. And Wells Fargo's ATM wasn't accepting deposits for some reason. So I came home, made a fried egg and bacon sandwich and called the parents.

This week is 20-miler number two. (Marathon training is so not normal.) I'm very much excited about the weather, particularly becuase my first 20-miler was so hot. At the end of the week comes another main event, the Ragnar Relay. Stay tuned for pictures of me in a Reno 911 costume.

No comments:

Post a Comment