10.5.10

Ow ow, pain pain pain

I love step back weeks (Marathon Training) because I don't feel guilty about walking some of my miles instead of running them. I have been feeling not so good today. I had a few appointments this morning and then I came home to work.

I partially failed at working at home because our IT company had screwed up ability to access our shared drives remotely (Every single freaking time they re-start the server and do maintenance on it, my computer thinks I have "read only" access to the "My Documents" folder on my C: drive, and I can't VPN to the server at the office. Every. Single. Time. Seriously, re-set the server, re-set my rights. It shouldn't be hard.)

After I spent some quality time with the IT team on the phone, I finally said, "can you just email me when you're done so I don't have to sit on the phone while you work?" "Sure". I got a bit of work done after I decided they were done on my computer. I still can't use the VPN but I have a feeling someone's being called about that.

Then I decided to work out torture myself for a few minutes at the Y. I walked and listened to an episode of Car Talk that I hadn't heard yet. Now I'm sitting at home thinking about training tomorrow. Could be interesting. The breakfast there usually rocks at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment